Enjoy this recipe Whitney has shared for bone broth with an immunity boost!
1 Quart of Bone Broth– homemade or I get some at Dundore & Heister. True bone broth is cooked on a simmer for 24-48 hours.
1 package of a variety of mushrooms, pre-sliced- I used shiitake, oyster, button, and maitake
1-2” piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped (I use a garlic press)
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 Zucchinis- cut into ½” medallions and
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
Fresh Parsley, about 2 tablespoons, chopped
Fresh Rosemary, about 2 tablespoons, chopped
1 tablespoon of avocado or coconut oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to your soup pot.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, then add the onion, ginger, and celery.
- Pour in your bone broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and simmer for 10 more minutes or until the mushrooms and zucchini are somewhat soft.
- Add the chopped parsley and rosemary (or fresh herbs of choice).