Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
Mashed cauliflower is a great alternative to the high-starch traditional mashed potatoes!
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chives (or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped)
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon sea salt
To roast the garlic:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Use a sharp kitchen knife to cut 1/4-1/2 of an inch from the top of the garlic cloves.
- Place the head of garlic, cut side up, onto a piece of aluminum foil and sprinkle with olive oil. Wrap the garlic in the aluminum foil and place it on a small baking sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the garlic is soft. Cool until the garlic is warm to the touch and easily handled.
To make the mashed cauliflower:
- Cut the head of cauliflower into small, bite sized pieces and steam until it is very soft and tender. Place the steamed cauliflower, ghee, chives, sea salt and black pepper into a mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to squeeze the roasted garlic out of its peel into the mixing bowl and discard the peel.
- Mash until the mixture is somewhat smooth and resembles mashed potatoes.
This mashed cauliflower recipe is brought to you by our Functional Nutritionist, Whitney George!