Plantain Flatbread of Pizza Crust Recipe
Adapted from https://www.organicolivia.com/2018/02/5-ingredient-plantain-pizza-crust-recipe-vegan-gluten-free/
- 4 cups peeled and cubed GREEN plantain pieces (3 or 4 green plantains)
- 1-3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 to 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Place all ingredients in your VitaMix OR food processor/blender, starting with 1/3 cup water. If you want it super garlicy, add the 3 cloves – the one clove just covers the plantain flavor. (Which isn’t entirely bad! Feel free to use no garlic.) Make sure the black tamper is in the lid.
- Puree starting on low, and working higher, using the tamper to push down the plantain. You want it to be smooth – and add more water as necessary. You want to add as little as possible, but some plantains seem drier than others
- When it is smooth and well pureed, spread “dough/paste” on a parchment lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
*Food Processor Version
- Put your plantain and garlic in the food processor.
- Process until it is in small pieces and scrape down. Make sure it is uniform. You don’t want to bite into a chunk of garlic!
- Add the remaining ingredients, starting with 1/3 cup of water. This recipe will very likely need more than that.
- Process, scrape the sides, process, scrape sides. Make sure it is as smooth as possible!
- Follow the above instruction steps 3 & 4.
This plantain flatbread recipe is brought to you by our Functional Nutritionist, Whitney George!