Collard Greens Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled, coarsely chopped, smashed
- 2 bunches collard greens, rinsed, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 tsp each salt, more to taste
- Juice of ½ lime
- Take collards, slice down the leaf to remove the stalks, then stack all of the collard green leaf halves together and slice everything all at once.
- Use a mortar and pestle or the flat end of a chef’s knife, smash the garlic chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat, then add the garlic. Sauté until aromatic, about one minute, then add the collard greens, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to med low and continue to sauté until the greens are softened and vibrant in color. Squeeze in the lime juice, add more salt to taste and serve immediately.
This collard green recipe is brought to you by our Functional Nutritionist, Whitney George!