Sautéed Kale with Cranberries Recipe
Adapted from the Moosewood Restaurant
Sautéed kale is the perfect addition to any meal, especially if your looking to increase your leafy green intake. The sweetness of cranberries completes this dish, making it not only healthy, but delicious!
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large bunch of lacinato kale (de-stemmed & chopped)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- Sea salt, to taste
- If you’ve never had kale before, you’ll notice the stems are quite hard. Peel the leaves off the stems, and throw the stems away. Then chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces. The only chopping left to do is to peel & mince 3 cloves of garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or soup pot over medium heat. (I use a soup pot to keep the kale from flying around the kitchen during the “tossing” part of the next step.)
- Add garlic & kale and toss to coat evenly with the oil. Sauté a few minutes, just until leaves start to wilt.
- Add cranberries & water. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt last, toss to coat, and enjoy!
This recipe is brought to you by our Functional Nutritionist, Whitney George!