Trauma Touch Therapy Services
We’re Here to Help
Trauma Touch Therapy is a process, allowing for a gradual release of tension, buried traumas, and pent-up emotions.
Trauma’s aftermath is generally marked by a sense of loss, a hyper vigilance creating excess energy within the tissue and a marked intolerance to presence encouraging dissociation (the mind and body disconnecting). These losses can range from our sense of self, trust, capability, worth, value, power, our bodily rights and/or a sense of belonging. This therapy is client-centered and client-led in order to facilitate empowerment and restore what may have been lost in trauma. This restoration gives way to resilience and the opportunity to discover the gift within the wound. Some common forms of trauma can include:
- Verbal/Emotional Abuse
- Witnessed Violence
- Sexual Abuse, Rape, Incest, and Molestation
- Violent Crime
- Domestic/Physical Abuse
- Medical/Surgical Trauma
- Injurious Accident
- Traumatic Childbirth
- Natural Disasters
- Chronic, Ongoing Stress
- Job Loss
- Loss of a Loved One
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
Trauma Touch Therapy Benefits:
- Integrates the Body and Mind
- Eases Muscle Tension and Joint Rigidity
- Restores Physiological Efficiency of Breathing, Movement, and Posture
- Encourages Healthy Boundaries
- Enhances Awareness of Sensation
- Fosters Renewed Trust and Security
- Calms Panicked Areas of the Body
- Reduces the Potency of Triggers
- Fosters New Stress Management Skills
- Improves the Capacity for Intimacy
- Models Acceptance and Compassion
- Provides a Sense of Grounding and Belonging Within the Body
- TTT is best offered weekly to bi-weekly over the course of 10 sessions at a time. The commitment of 10 sessions is required to begin which is why hosting a consultation to determine readiness is so important.
- Gabrielle offers TTT every other Tuesday and Thursday.
- Session cost is $75/session or $700 when you purchase all 10 sessions at once.
- Session 1 is the most informational session, gathering your history and going over the basic tools of the work so you have the clearest understanding of our interactions going forward. Here you will receive a binder full of goodies to reference to feel safe and confident to learn and play.
- Sessions 2-9 are determined by you, the client, each session building on the next as you create a flow of awareness discovering, connecting and being.
- Session 10 is our transformation session, where we reflect on the last 9 sessions to celebrate our discoveries, shifts and reclimations. From here we also determine what our next steps will be regarding if more support is needed and if so, the frequency of sessions!
A Session In General
Because many trauma survivors’ nervous systems have been overloaded with sensation, causing dysregulation of hypervigilance and shutdown, it is our goal to create a safe space that is conducive for body connection and find a pace that maintains that connection through tolerated sensation. TTT is founded in presence and empowerment. Because of this, sessions are deeply intimate and specific to each person. That being said, we are always anchoring back to our Somatic Bill of Rights and our 4 basic tools being: Breath, Movement, Touch and Play.
Sessions consist of connecting and dropping into our body senses, staying, discovering and then integrating what you learned however many times you are comfortable to engage. Because survivors learned more safety in their minds and to be plan-oriented to function, the most trying challenge is often just to show up, knowing our goal is to just be with the body letting it guide us as we go. Ironically, the greatest celebration is also reclaiming the joy of being, spontaneity, and trusting our bodies and minds in friendship. Our greatest challenge becomes our most precious gift.
As Chris Smith says – the gift in the wound
Not ready to schedule a consult but seeking more trauma resources to support your journey? Click here.